11/27/2011

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

This novella is a fun little departure from the Twilight Series. Stephenie Meyer has a talent for creating compelling characters - for me, the characters are the reason that I keep coming back to the series.

I have to admit, that I didn't pay Bree Tanner much attention when I originally read Eclipse. She was just there in the background, but after reading this novella, I can see why Stephenie would have been drawn to her story.

It is certainly interesting to see the darker side of Stephenie's vampire world. To see it through the eyes of the more "traditional" vampires, and the contrast between it and the world of the Cullens. Yet, even though it is a darker world, friendship and love still exist. It's a theme that appears throughout the series - the hope that even in darkness there is light, or a least the hope of light.

I think that if Stephenie wanted to she could create a whole series of these short novellas. There are so many characters in Twilight that I would love to read more about and see the world from their perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment