12/07/2011

Dive For Dreams by E.E. Cummings

dive for dreams or a slogan may topple you
(trees are their roots and wind is wind) 
trust your heart if the seas catch fire
(and live by love though the stars walk backward)
honour the past but welcome the future
(and dance your death away at the wedding) 
never mind a world with its villains or heroes
(for good likes girls and tomorrow and the earth) 
in spite of everything which breathes and moves, since Doom 
(with white longest hands neating each crease)
will smooth entirely our minds -before leaving my room i turn, 
and (stooping through the morning) kiss this pillow, 
dear where our heads lived and were. 

silently if, out of not knowable 
silently if, out of not knowable 
night's utmost nothing,wanders a little guess 
(only which is this world)
more my life does not leap than with the mystery your smile 
sings or if (spiraling as luminous they climb oblivion)voices who are dreams, 
less into heaven certainly earth swims 
than each my deeper death becomes your kiss 
losing through you what seemed myself,i find 
selves unimaginably mine;beyond 
sorrow's own joys and hoping's very fears 
yours is the light by which my spirit's born: 
yours is the darkness of my soul's return 
-you are my sun,my moon,and all my stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment