1/21/2015

Trashed (Stripped #2) by Jasinda Wilder

I’m nobody. I’m an orphan. A janitor. A college student. A virgin.

And him? He’s a god. One of the hottest action stars to ever grace the silver screen, huge and muscular and gorgeous and famous. He could have anyone in the world.

Yet, despite the chasm separating my world from his, I find myself in his hotel room, and he’s acting like I’m the most beautiful girl in the world. I’m not. He’s everything every woman could ever want, and I’m just…me.

She doesn’t know how sexy she is, and that’s it’s own kind of beauty. But for real, she’s gorgeous. I’ve met some of the hottest women in Hollywood, and none of them can hold a candle to this girl. I want her. And the fact that she’s closed off and impossible to figure out only makes the pursuit that much more intriguing.

The last thing I expect is for one night of pleasure to turn into something I’m unable to forget, even after she’s gone her way and I’ve gone mine. I can’t forget her, no matter how I try. And the next time we run into each other, I know there’s no way I can let her go again. No matter what it takes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was another recommendation from the same book nerd friend who told me to read Stripped, also by Jasinda Wilder. She said I would like it, and she wasn't wrong! While this story takes place in the "Stripped" world and has some of the same characters, it can be read as a stand alone. I actually liked this story better than the first book. The story didn't seem as clique to me, and I really liked the main character, Des. I thought she was spunky, and liked that she had a troubled past, because it made her a much more interesting and dynamic character. It also added drama and angst to Des and Adam's relationship, and I enjoyed watching them overcome the issues together. 

Again, I appreciated that Des wasn't a perfect size two, but more than that, I appreciated that she had a real goal in life that she wasn't willing to compromise. I also liked that Adam didn't make her. I always hate when the female ends up giving up everything to make a life with her man work out. It annoys that crap out of me, actually. It was nice to see the male lead support his woman and encourage her dreams (and vice versa). This book has plenty of sexy scenes in it, more than the first one I would venture to say. It's another quick read that will have you engrossed from the beginning. Definitely worth a read.

2015 Reading Challenge: A book a friend recommended  

No comments:

Post a Comment