7/17/2017

Review: Heartless

Heartless Heartless by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really love Marissa Meyer's ability to reimagine classic fairy tales and put a unique spin on them. After reading her Lunar Chronicles series, I was excited to learn that she was releasing a new novel. I love Alice and Wonderland and was excited to see what Meyer would do with it. She definitely did a good job paying homage to the original and I thoroughly enjoyed most of the book. I thought the second half of the book was a bit drawn out and I was disappointed in the climax and end of the novel. Not because I didn't like what happened...more that I felt it all happened rather abruptly after so much build up. This is what keeps it from being a 5-star read for me. Other than that, I think it's a great read that fairy tale fans will enjoy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment