8/12/2013

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence #2) by Jessica Sorensen

We first met Callie and Kayden in The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden and were left with a shocking cliffhanger that had me on the edge of my seat cursing that I had to wait to find out what happens next. Their story continues in The Redemption of Callie & Kayden.

Kayden awakens in the hospital after surviving his father's attack. His dark secret is out and now he facing charges for battery. Completely exposed, Kayden struggles to deal with the pain and emotions. Callie fears that he will retreat into the darkness and that she will lose him forever. However, protecting Kayden may mean telling someone about what happened to her and confronting her past head on, as well as helping Kayden face his. As Callie and Kayden work to confront their demons and heal from their pasts, they will discover that they are stronger together.

I love, love, love this series!!!! This series is full of emotion, angst, turmoil, and romance. Sorensen does not disappoint with this follow up. It had me hooked from page one and I didn't want to put it down ever. I love Callie and Kayden. They are such broken characters, but the strength that they find in each other is heart wrenchingly beautiful. This book was much more focused on Kayden and being inside of his head was gut wrenching, tragic and made me love him even more. There are still some loose ends that were not tied up and I was happy to learn that Sorensen plays to give us one more book for Callie and Kayden. No word on when it will be released yet, but I can already say that it's not soon enough! I am also looking forward to the spinoff The Destiny of Violet and Luke which is scheduled to be released in January, 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment