3/03/2014

Seeking Her (Losing It #3.5) by Cora Carmack

Seeking Her is a prequel novella to book three in the Losing It series, Finding It, and gives us a peak into the mind of Jackson Hunt. A former soldier, Jackson needs a job and to find a sense of normalcy if he is going to avoid falling back into his destructive patterns. He is hired by Kelsey Summers' father to follow Kelsey around as she travels abroad. The only catch is, he doesn't want her to know she is being followed.

As Jackson follows her from a distance, he can't help but be drawn in by her. Kelsey is vibrant, fun, reckless, but she is also sad. As she begins to fall into some of the patterns he suffered from years ago, Jackson can't stop himself from stepping in and coming to her rescue.

I love Cora Carmack's writing. She creates down to earth characters who are believable and I love the awkward and hilarious situations they find themselves in. I loved Finding It, and loved Jackson and Kelsey's love story. Of course, I jumped at the chance to get more of the story from Jackson's POV. I love stepping in the heads of my book boyfriends! In fact, I find that I often prefer their POV.

To be honest, this novella left me wanting a little bit. While I enjoyed it, I really wish that I had read it before reading Finding It. I'm not sure that it really adds anything to Jackson's character, and I think that if I had read it before, I would have liked it better. Because I already knew what happened, there just wasn't anything new or exciting. I think I would have preferred a follow up like Bliss and Garrick, rather than a prequel. Having said that, it was an enjoyable read and if you are a fan of the series I definitely think it is worth your time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment