9/14/2014

Angel (Pieces #1.5) by Jamie Canosa

We all hide from the people around us. Strangers, acquaintances, friends, even family only see the parts of ourselves we want them to see. We conceal the cracks and flaws beneath the polished surface we put on display. Because we think we need to. Because we think people won't like us if they see who we really are. Because our egos demand it.

We hide because we're proud. We hide because we're insecure.

But mostly . . . I hid because I was afraid.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Note: Angel is the retelling of Falling to Pieces from Caulder's perspective. You should only read this book after you have read Falling to Pieces.

Falling to Pieces was one of the purest love stories that I have ever read. It left me emotionally devastated and in tears, but I don't regret a second I spent with Jade and Kiernan. Jade and Kiernan's story was breathtakingly beautiful and equally as tragic, and Caulder, Kiernan's brother, was there to witness it all. Now we get to see the story from his perspective, and I have to say that I was even more emotionally destroyed seeing the events unfold from Cal's perspective than I was the first time. This is saying something, especially since I already knew what was coming.

 I liked Cal in the previous book, but he became real to me in this book. Cal became a truly dynamic character as his strength, his vulnerability, and his struggles were exposed. He is a character who is trying so desperately to keep it together, that it is only a matter of time before he shatters. I can't wait to see what is in store for him in the next installment in this series. It promises to be epic, and I am impatiently awaiting its release.

No comments:

Post a Comment