6/23/2015

Grey (Fifty Shades #4) by E L James

In Christian's own words, and through his thoughts, reflections, and dreams, E L James offers a fresh perspective on the love story that has enthralled millions of readers around the world.

Christian Grey exercises control in all things; his world is neat, disciplined, and utterly empty—until the day that Anastasia Steele falls into his office, in a tangle of shapely limbs and tumbling brown hair. He tries to forget her, but instead is swept up in a storm of emotion he cannot comprehend and cannot resist. Unlike any woman he has known before, shy, unworldly Ana seems to see right through him—past the business prodigy and the penthouse lifestyle to Christian’s cold, wounded heart.

Will being with Ana dispel the horrors of his childhood that haunt Christian every night? Or will his dark sexual desires, his compulsion to control, and the self-loathing that fills his soul drive this girl away and destroy the fragile hope she offers him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, Fifty, Fifty, Fifty! What can I say? You remain a complete and total guilty pleasure for me. I was so excited when I heard that she was going to release this book (I totally did a happy dance!). For me, this series is all about Christian and I loved the opportunity to see things through his eyes. He is by far the more compelling, complex, and dynamic character. This book did not disappoint at all. In fact, I think that I like the story from Christian's perspective even more. Don't worry, if you are a fan of the original POV, you still get all the good stuff. 

This book is also by far and away better written then the previous three books, which although I love, are in need of a professional editor. It is clear that Ms. James now has a team behind her, and the result is a much improved writing style. There is still the occasional "one to many times" repeated phrase, but not nearly as many as the other books. It also has an amazing cover.

Grey only covers the first book and there is no word on whether or not James will be releasing the other two books from C's POV. I sincerely hopes that she does. There are so many more scenes that I would love to see through Christian's eyes. I guess we will have to wait and see. If you are a fan of this series, then Grey will not disappoint, in fact, it left me wanting more...

No comments:

Post a Comment