5/12/2018

Review: All the Answers

All the Answers All the Answers by Kate Messner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book number two for Battle of the Books!

I liked this one. I thought the idea of the story was fun but also thought-invoking. I think that many middle-school aged students will relate to Ava, who is in many ways a typical kid, but she also suffers from a nervous disposition. At first, she finds having a magic pencil with all the answers to be reassuring but then learns that sometimes knowing the answers to all of life's questions isn't all it's cracked up to be. The story is about more than just a magic pencil. It's about family, friends, love, learning to take risks and to trust oneself. It was an enjoyable story and a quick read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment