11/06/2018

Review: Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House

Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House by Omarosa Manigault Newman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First, I have never been a fan of Omarosa. I can appreciate how she has crafted her public persona over the years, but she's never been my cup of tea. Like many of the other books written by rejected Trump staffers, I read this book simply because I knew that Trump won't want me to. Plus, I was a little curious about why Omarosa, someone who has historically been a Democrat or at least left-leaning, joined Trump's campaign.

I think she spends most of the book trying to justify her complicity in an administration that is, in my opinion, racist, sexist, dysfunctional, etc., which I don't think she does successfully. "He was my friend" is not an excuse or justification for what she did and defended as a member of Trump's White House. I do believe that what she said she saw and experienced happened but I can't say that I was surprised by any of her "revelations." Nevertheless, the book was well written and held my interest all the way through.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment