6/26/2013

Twilight: The Graphic Novel Vol. I & II and New Moon: The Graphic Novel Vol. I by Young Kim

I am not a graphic novel fan generally, but my love of all things Twilight demanded that I give this series a chance, and I'm glad that I did. Had I not already been a fan of Twilight, I'm not sure how I would have responded to the graphic novels. I'm not sure that they added anything to my overall love of the stories. It just offered me a way to experience the story again in a different medium.

Some of the illustrations were quite beautiful - I especially loved the meadow scenes at the end of Twilight, Vol. I and the ending of Twilight, Vol. II. I also really liked the close up shots of the characters' eyes throughout the novels. I was surprised at how well the emotions of the story were conveyed in the pictures and couldn't help but compare some of the scenes to the movie versions. I'm sorry to say that the emotion played out better in the graphic novel than on the big screen for some of the scenes.

Fans of the books do not need to fear, all the text is taken directly from the books and there isn't any reinterpretation of the original story. These novels are a great addition to any Twihard's library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coming soon...

New Moon: The Graphic Novel Vol. II - expected release April 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment