5/23/2014

Rush Too Far (Too Far #1.1, Rosemary Beach #1.1) by Abbi Glines

Rush! Rush! Rush! Rush! That’s all I really have to say about this book. I swear, Abbi Glines is a literary master. I would gladly pre-order, count down the days to, and devour a phone book if she wrote one. Rush Finlay is definitely in my top five book boyfriends and I love all the books in the Rosemary Beach series. If you haven’t read this series (shame on you!) then you need to get yourself to a bookstore ASAP.

If you were anything like me, then the whole time you were reading (and rereading) Fallen Too Far, you were dying to know what was going through Rush’s mind. What did he really think when he met Blaire for the first time? What drew him to her? What were the thoughts going through his mind during the infamous “peanut butter” scene? How did he reconcile his feelings for Blaire and his feelings of responsibility to his (still horrible) sister, Nan? So many questions! Abbi answers them all with Rush Too Far, which retells Fallen Too Far from Rush’s POV. 

This book is fantastic from start to finish, and I loved being inside of Rush’s head. I enjoyed seeing my favorite scenes from his POV, but what I loved more was getting to experience the conflict in his head as he fell for Blaire. While Rush comes off as a playboy, he is also incredibly loyal and protective of the things he loves. I found myself on an emotional roller coaster as Rush tried to come to terms with his feelings for Blaire, knowing full well that the secret he kept could destroy her world. It was just as heart wrenching as before, maybe even more so, because of Rush's internal conflict.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this book, other than the ending is just as torturous as the first time. After finishing, I had to reread Never Too Far and Forever Too Far just to remind myself that the story has a happy ending. Rush Too Far left me with an even bigger Rush Crush and has secured his spot at the top of my book boyfriend list. Fans of the series will not be disappointed. I know I wasn't :)

No comments:

Post a Comment