11/30/2016

Review: Darcy on the Hudson: A Pride and Prejudice Re-imagining

Darcy on the Hudson: A Pride and Prejudice Re-imagining Darcy on the Hudson: A Pride and Prejudice Re-imagining by Mary Lydon Simonsen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this P&P reimagining for so many reasons. First, I loved that it was set in the Hudson Valley. I grew up in that area and I loved all the references to places that are familiar to me. It added a little sense of home to me while I was reading and provided me with a unique connection to the story. I liked the cultural aspects that Simonsen injected into the story with Elizabeth being American and Darcy being British, coming to America after the American Revolution. It added a whole new dimension to Elizabeth and Darcy's relationship. I also loved that Darcy kept getting seasick on all the ships. I don't know why, but I found it to be very endearing. I found myself completely lost in this story and didn't want it to end. This is my second Simonsen book and she's definitely become one of my favorite P&P reimagination authors.

2015 Reading Challenge: A book that takes place in your hometown

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment