6/24/2017

Review: Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood

Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What was intriguing about this book for me is that Trevor Noah and I are almost the same age. We grew up in the same time period but the worlds we grew up in couldn't have been more different. Noah recalls a series of stories from his childhood/young adulthood growing up during apartheid in South Africa. The book is endearing, funny, touching, poignant, shocking, unique, yet at the same time, universal. The narrative is witty and well told, and I frequently laughed while reading. Noah uses humor to make stories that deal with some heavy material accessible to the reader. I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment