6/25/2017

Review: Wonder

Wonder Wonder by R.J. Palacio
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a beautiful, beautiful book. I don't even know if I have words to describe how much I loved this book. It made me laugh, cry, and cheer. August is one of the most wonderful, brave, funny, and amazing characters ever created. I loved that the book switched perspective as it gave the characters and narrative depth and added complexity. This kept the story from being flat and made it more relatable, as there is always more than one side in real life.

This is a book that everyone, especially students, should read. It teaches about compassion, the complex nature of family and friendship, peer pressure, sacrifice, growing up, and so much more. I really hope the upcoming film adaptation does this book justice. This book is simply amazing and one that I will never forget.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment