9/30/2018

Review: A Higher Loyalty

A Higher Loyalty A Higher Loyalty by James Comey
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

Full disclosure, I read this book mostly to hear the reasons why Comey decided to announce that he was launching an investigation into Clinton's emails again right before the election. While it's not the only reason she lost the election (even though she won the popular vote) I do feel that it played a part.

I think this book served two purposes. The first was to make Comey more human. He spends the majority of the book writing about leaders that he has served with or under that have influenced his leadership style and the lessons he learned from them. The people he discusses are a diverse group and I think many of the things he talks about are hallmarks of good leadership. He also talks about leaders who did not demonstrate good leadership and contrasts them with those he believes are good leaders.

The second purpose behind this book I think was to explain the bizarre world that is the Trump White House and explain why he made the decisions he made. While I now have a greater understanding of why Comey acted the way he did, I still don't think he has fully taken responsibility for the actions he took and their consequences. So, in the end, I was left a little disappointed in this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment