9/30/2018

Review: Suicide of the West: How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics is Destroying American Democracy

Suicide of the West: How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics is Destroying American Democracy Suicide of the West: How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics is Destroying American Democracy by Jonah Goldberg
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was an interesting book and a "serious" book, which Goldberg lays out as the goal from the beginning. At times I found it hard to digest all the information in the book and I found some of the connections and arguments that Goldberg was making a little out there. Some of the chapters were incredibly insightful, especially his chapters on Trump. Goldberg makes no qualms about not liking Trump and his disdain comes through quite clearly. I think that if you agree with Goldberg then you will find many things in this book to support your already decided opinions. I'm not sure this book will do much to persuade others who do not share his point of view.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment