1/13/2019

Review: Every Breath

Every Breath Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this one, not as much as other Nicholas Sparks's books, but I did find the story engaging. It had all that you would expect from a Nicholas Sparks romance novel and you will enjoy it too if you are a Sparks fan. I especially loved the idea that it was based on a true story, which added a new element and layer to the story. But then...

**Spoiler Alert**

Sparks ruined it by telling his readers that it wasn't a true story after all. While I appreciate Sparks's desire to immerse himself into the story and make himself a character, I was disappointed that the story didn't actually turn out to be true. I think because I thought it was true, I invested in the characters and story in a different way, and to have that taken away at the end, diminished my enjoyment a bit. It became just a love story in the land of fantasy rather than something with a basis in reality. Nevertheless, the story is still good and it's still worth the read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment