1/13/2019

Review: I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer

I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Michelle McNamara was a talented true crime writer and this book proves it. The writing was engaging and full of well-researched information, but not graphic or salacious in any way. The book had a slightly unfinished feel to it and was pieced together from several previously published pieces, which makes sense as it was published posthumously. I'm sorry that McNamara didn't live to see the Golden State Killer caught, but I'm sure her "obsessive" research and dogged pursuit of this monster's identity contributed to his capture. If true crime is your thing, I think this book is worth a chance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment