5/27/2013

Tangled (Tangled #1) by Emma Chase

Drew Evans is used to getting what he wants. He is handsome, arrogant, makes multimillion dollar business deals and can have whatever woman he wants. He has loyal friends and as the baby of the family, is spoiled. Drew is the master of his universe, until he meets a brunette bombshell in a bar who refuses to give into his advances. When they part ways, she remains in Drew's thoughts.

When the new associate at Drew's father's investment banking firm turns out to be Katherine "Kate" Brooks, the bombshell from the bar, Drew finds his life turned upside down. Kate is brilliant and ambitious, unavailable, and refuses to be thrown off her game by Drew. Drew and Kate become professional competitors as they both compete to land a huge account and the sexual tension between the two is palpable. When they are forced to work together, they will discover that professionally they make a great team. Drew still wants more. He is desperate to have Kate.

When his chance finally arrives, Drew finds himself feeling things he never thought he would, or could. Spooked by the depth of his feelings for Kate, Drew makes a mistake that causes him to lose his chance at love and happiness. After spending a week holed up in his apartment with "the flu," Drew realizes what an idiot he has been and sets off on a mission to get Kate back. Will Kate give him a second chance?

I loved this book! Once I started, I couldn't put it down. I loved that it was told from Drew's point of view. He is smart, witty, and a total playboy, but it made for an extremely entertaining narrative. I found myself shaking my head at his antics, smiling at his audacity, and laughing out loud. When I finished, I had the urge to go right back to the beginning and read it again. The characters were great, the story was well written, there are plenty of steamy scenes, which all make this a fantastic read. Drew is joining the ranks of my book boyfriends and I'm sure I will be picking this one up again and again.

There is another book which is in the works according to Goodreads. There is no cover or synopsis, so I'm not sure if it will be a continuing story or a spin off. I couldn't find out any further information from Emma's website either. Either way, whatever it is, I will most definitely be picking up the next book in this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment