11/24/2013

Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth

The world Tris grew up in no longer exists. The factions are shattered. A struggle for power has Chicago on the brink of violence. The revelations revealed in the message from Tris's ancestor has her looking for answers outside the fence surrounding the only world she has ever known. She, Tobias, and a small band of friends, set out to discover the truth about what lays beyond the fence. What she finds will shatter everything she thought she knew. It will cause her to question herself and those she loves, to face hard truths, and forever change the course of her life.

The finale of this series left me completely heartbroken. I loved the first two books. They were action packed and I couldn't put them down. I loved the characters - Tris, Tobias, Christina, Uriah, all of them. I found myself rooting for them, crying along with them, and hoping that everything would be okay in the end. I knew there would be sacrifices; there always are in these books, but I was unprepared for the ending of this book. The pace of this book moved slower than the others, almost like it was dragging it's feet towards an ending it didn't want to face. I felt like it took forever for something to happen, but when it did, I found myself wishing that it didn't. There were a lot of revelations and a lot less action in this book. I anticipated this book and had high expectations for it after the other two. I wanted a happy ending. I always want a happy ending. And while the ending brought peace, I'm not sure that it really brought happiness. In the end, I was left disappointed. I so badly wanted a happy ending for this series and these characters, but unfortunately, that's not what I got. And maybe that's the point. You don't always get what you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment