11/21/2013

Mine (Real #2) by Katy Evans

"The heart is a hollow muscle, and it will beat billions of times during our lives. About the size of a fist, it has four chambers: two atria and two ventricles. How this muscle can house something as encompassing as love is beyond me. Is this heart the one that loves? Or do you love with your soul, which is infinite?"

Brooke Dumas never imagined that she would find love with the man every woman wants – Remington “Riptide” Tate, the golden boy of the underground fighting scene – but she did. For better or worse, Remy is her “Real.” As the new underground season begins, Brooke and Remy are determined to take back what Remy gave up for her last season – the championship and the chance to defeat Remy’s archrival, the Scorpion. 

But sometimes happily-ever-afters aren’t so happy. New challenges, old demons and insecurities will threaten to tear Brooke and Remy apart. Nevertheless, they are both determined to hold on to the only thing that is real.

"Mind. Body. Soul. All of you for me. All of you mine."

I only have 3 words…Remington F’ing Tate! This man is my every fantasy wrapped up in one and definitely makes the top 5 on my book boyfriend list. I cannot get enough of this series and these characters. I LOVE Remy. He is a ball of contradictions. Powerful, yet vulnerable. Hard, but soft. Dominating, yet giving. He’s beautifully broken and I can’t help but get all fan girl when I think about him.

The plot of Mine was fairly predictable, but I didn’t care. I couldn’t put it down. All my favorite characters were back and Katy delivers a surprising poignant and profound love story. Talk about unconditional love….Brooke and Remy are enough to make anyone believe in soul mates and true love, and deliver that warm and fuzzy feeling that a good romance always leaves me with.

Mine delivers on all the things that I loved in Real. There is plenty of action, some angst, and plenty of steamy scenes. All in all, it is an excellent sequel that only left me wanting more. Good thing Katy plans on releasing at least 3 more books in this series. I’ve already pre-ordered mine and I am especially impatient for Remy (Real #3) which is Real from Remy’s POV. My love for all things Remy has my expectations sky high, so I’m hoping that it will be as epic as I imagine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coming Up…

Remy (Real #3) - Real told from Remy’s POV. Release date: November 26th
Underground fighter Remington Tate is a mystery, even to himself. His mind is dark and light, complex and enlightening. At times his actions and moods are carefully measured, and at others, they spin out of control.

Through it all, there's been one constant: wanting, needing, loving, and protecting Brooke Dumas. This is his story; from the first moment he laid eyes on her and knew, without a doubt, she would be the realest thing he's ever had to fight for.


Ripped (Real #4) – Pandora’s story - expected release April, 2014
Pandora, the gothic friend of Brooke (Real, Mine, Remy) thought that getting her heart broken by her bad boy rocker ex could only happen once. But now, he’s back in town with the biggest concert of the year. Pandora hates him so much that she gets Melanie to come with her and play a prank on him at his gig. But when they are caught by security, and her ex himself is summoned, he decides not to press charges if she’ll follow certain conditions. Pandora likes none of his rules, or that he’s in charge of her, especially since they seem designed to make sure she’s in close contact with him again. But the closeness reignites the passion they once shared, and soon no matter how much she wants to hate him, it’s clear she’s still hung up on him. And worse: he knows it too.

Raw (Real #5) - Melanie's story - expected release September, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment