12/21/2014

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Cruel miser Ebeneezer Scrooge has never met a shilling he doesn’t like...and hardly a man he does. And he hates Christmas most of all. When Scrooge is visited by his old partner, Jacob Marley, and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Christmas Present, and Christmas Yet to Come, he learns eternal lessons of charity, kindness, and goodwill. Experience a true Victorian Christmas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this story by heart. I've seen a dozen different movie versions. I love Dickens, but for some reason I have never gotten around to reading this book. It was shorter than I excepted, but I enjoyed reading the story that has been a part of my Christmases since childhood. It could just be nostalgia, but it's easy to see why this story has become a classic. Christmas is a magical time and a season that brings with it new hopes. Dickens captures this so beautifully, which makes for a heartwarming holiday read.

No comments:

Post a Comment