12/22/2014

Ripped (Real #5) by Katy Evans

Every woman wants me--except the one I sing for.

Seattle shakes with anticipation: they call it the concert of the year. They say girls are getting pregnant just thinking about Crack Bikini being in town.

But when you love a girl, you don't leave her with nothing but a ring and a promise. Any man with half a brain should know.

So what did I expect my girl would do when she saw me again?

Well, for starters, she loathes our music. Particularly the song I wrote about her.

When I sing it, the stadium is in an uproar. Thousands of fans scream my name like I'm a god--but yeah, not her. Crystal clear: the girl's not happy to see me.

Black hair, black boots, a bad attitude, that's her -- Pandora Stone is a freaking man-eater and she's out for my blood.

That's alright.

Let her come at me. Because I'm out for her heart and, this time, there's no way she can stop me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katy delivers another good one with Ripped. Pandora is a fantastic character and the tension between her and Kenna makes for a passionate and hot ride. Even though Pandora is, for all intents and purposes, an unlikable character, I always liked her jaded, tough as nails persona, because I always had a feeling that it was a front. This one got off to a bit of a slow start, but once it got going...holy hell! It was almost like the fall after the long climb up on a roller coaster. Pandora and Kenna prove that there is a thin line between hate and love, and their battle of wills made for a page-turning good time.

I recommend that you read the other books in this series first, because of the character crossovers. While this book doesn't hold up to the freight train that is Remington Tate, I would definitely say that it is worth the read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment