10/22/2017

Review: A Dog's Purpose

A Dog's Purpose A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As a dog lover, I firmly believe that dogs do have unique personalities and do feel emotions. There is nothing like the love and loyalty of a dog. The dogs that I have had have truly enriched my life. They are remarkable creatures and I love stories where dogs are the star. They tend to be wonderful stories full of heart and lessons.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story from start to finish. W. Bruce Cameron did a wonderful job of getting inside the head of a dog and the narrative felt believable like a dog really was telling the story. I enjoyed how he wove the different incarnations of Bailey together, representing the spectrum of experiences. Some of them were hard to read and it makes me so sad to know that there are people in this world that treat animals with such cruelty. However, there were also some wonderfully uplifting parts of the story. The end is bittersweet but satisfying. If you're a dog lover then this book is worth your time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment