10/22/2017

Review: A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This novel has been on my to-read list for awhile and since I heard that it was being made into a movie, I figured I better get it read. To be honest, I have really mixed feelings about this one. It was a highly imaginative novel and it reminded me of another childhood favorite, the Narnia series. However, there was just something missing in this one for me. Despite some of the vivid imagery, it still felt, for lack of a better word, vague. The story felt very abstract and because of that, at times, I had trouble connecting it. I wonder if I would have had a different reading experience if I read it as a young adult. There are more books in the series, but at this point, I don't know if I will check them out right now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment