10/28/2017

Review: Murder on the Orient Express: A Hercule Poirot Mystery

Murder on the Orient Express: A Hercule Poirot Mystery Murder on the Orient Express: A Hercule Poirot Mystery by Agatha Christie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Confession 1: I love Johnny Depp. I see all of his movies, even the ones that I know are going to be super weird. So naturally, when I heard that he was going to be appearing in the film adaptation of Murder on the Orient Express I snatched up a copy of the book as quickly as I could because I always try to read the book before seeing the movie. Confession 2: This is my first Agatha Christie novel and I think I'm in love. I loved this novel from start to finish. I can't believe I've never read any of her novels before, but I'm definitely hooked and will be checking out more of her Hercule Poirot novels.

The novel was well written with just the right balance of mystery and suspense. The cast of characters was interesting and I loved how the murder mystery unfolded. Agatha Christie is the queen of mystery, a title she rightly deserves. I was a little worried about picking up the tenth book in a series without having read the others, but my worry was quickly assuaged. You do not need to read the other novels in the series in order to understand this one. While I was able to piece together some of the mystery, the final outcome was not predictable under revealed by Poirot at the end. I'm excited to check out some of the other books in this series. I may be binge reading them all in the near future...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment