12/30/2020

Review: A Darker Shade of Magic

A Darker Shade of Magic A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had the privilege to see V.E. Schwab speak recently at the DC Book Festival. I had never heard of her before but was so intrigued by her author talk that I bought several of her books at the festival. This is the first of her books that I have read and I have become a fan!

This book was so good. The characters are dynamic and a little rough around the edges. Lila is by far my favorite character. I appreciate her wit, her sense of adventure, and her will to survive. The worlds that Schwab created are breathtaking and alive. The story was a page turner and I didn't want to put it down. I can't wait to see what happens in the sequel!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment