12/30/2020

Review: Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You

Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You by Jason Reynolds
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As a teacher, tackling the topic of racism is a daunting, but essential task. I am always on the lookout for resources to put in the hands of my students that will help them understand and also spark conversation. This book is a fantastic resource. It reworks the original narrative by Ibram X. Kendi into something that is engaging, accessible, and appropriate for young adults. Understanding something's history is important and this book provides some history and context for a difficult topic to discuss. I haven't read the original book but plan to check it out. If you are looking for books for young adults to help foster conversations around race, I highly recommend this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment