10/08/2013

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling

Let me start by saying that I am a fan of Mindy Kaling, especially as Kelly Kapoor on The Office. When this book was released, I instantly added it to my "to read" list, where it quickly got buried in the avalanche of my ever expanding list. So you can imagine my pleasure when my book club selected it for our September book.

Mindy's commentary covers a variety of topics, from her childhood to how she got the job on The Office, to her thoughts on cupcakes. Overall, I have to say that this book was just okay...I had anticipated that this book would be funnier than it was and I was somewhat disappointed. While there were funny stories/anecdotes, I did not find myself laughing hysterically. The book isn't boring and I found some of her stories relatable, I was just expecting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment