4/11/2017

Review: Legend

Legend Legend by Marie Lu
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I do love a good dystopian novel and Legend does not disappoint. Set in what was once the United States, the book switches between the perspectives of June, a gifted and loyal soldier of the Republic, and Day, a slum-born rebel determined to undermine the Republic. I loved that these two characters were from such different worlds. The switching of the perspectives kept the story moving forward nicely and Lu does a really good job of developing these two characters. It's the juxtaposition of these two characters that makes the society's problems/realities really stand out. This novel has all the elements that make dystopian literature so entertaining - adventure, mystery, betrayal, and a dash of romance. I thoroughly enjoyed this one and will be jumping into the sequel ASAP.

2016 Reading Challenge: A romance set in the future

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment