4/13/2017

Review: Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely

Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely by Lysa TerKeurst
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I like Lysa TerKeurst's books. Over the last few years, I have read a few of TerKeurst's books and have come to appreciate her straightforward and honest approach. For me, this book lacked some focus. It covered many aspects of rejection but lacked the depth that I have come to expect from TerKeurst. I just didn't connect to this book in the way that I have connected with others I have read.

The overall message, however, is an important one. We will all face rejection. It is inescapable, but we still have a choice on how we face rejection. We can give into it and allow it to become our identity and the lens through which we view the world or we can choose to "live loved" and embrace who we are in God. Neither path is without struggle and TerKeurst does give some helpful advice and verses in the book. While I did not feel as deep of a connection to this message as I expected, I did come away with a new perspective on rejection and, therefore, I think this book is a worthwhile read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment