1/27/2018

Review: The Last Black Unicorn

The Last Black Unicorn The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was unexpected. I wasn’t very familiar with Tiffany Haddish’s life or work before reading this book. I saw her give a few interviews while promoting the book and found her to be quite entertaining. I decided to listen to the audiobook because it is read by Haddish herself, which, for me, adds to the experience. I love when I get the chance to hear a person’s story in their own voice.

Like so many other comedians, Haddish’s past is full of sad and traumatic events. Yet, she has been able to find the funny in otherwise unfunny situations. Her narrative is witty, observant, and honest. I laughed out loud throughout the whole thing and was brought to near tears during the painful parts. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this audiobook.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment