1/27/2018

Review: The Zookeeper's Wife

The Zookeeper's Wife The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this one. I have always found the World War II era fascinating and have spent a lot of time studying it and reading about it. I think what draws me to the era is that it represents both the best and worst of humanity simultaneously. I have read many accounts surrounding this era, but I haven’t read much about Poland, Hitler’s first target. While the novel is nonfiction, it reads like a fiction novel, although I felt that the fiction feeling wasn’t consistent throughout the whole novel. Overall, I thought it was a beautiful story and I was struck by the bravery and resilience of the Polish people and the Zabinski family.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment