4/19/2015

All of It by Kim Holden

Seventeen-year-old VERONICA SMITH has it all: a loving family, a funky car named Jezebel, and a plan to go to college after graduation. On the first day of senior year, she meets DIMITRI GLENN--a mysterious transfer student with gray eyes and a mischievous smile who seems determined to win her heart.

But there's something odd about Dimitri, leading Veronica to wonder if there's more to him than meets the eye. Before long she finds herself in a whirlwind romance that seems to good to be true--until a series of devastating events leaves her questioning everything. It's not until she chooses to think with her heart instead of her mind that she can rise from the ashes to learn the truth of their connection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A book is sometimes...just a book. A simple collection of words inked on pages in straight lines, separated by spaces and punctuation, enclosed between two covers. 

A book is sometimes...more than just a book. Sometimes it is a story that entrances the mind and nestles into your heart. All of It is more than just a book.

I was so wrapped up in this story from the very first page, that I actually had to forcefully make myself stop reading one night. I was seriously tempted to say to hell with sleep and ignore that fact that I had to get up early the next morning to go to work. My fellow book nerds will understand this dilemma well.

I don't want to give two much away, because I don't want to spoil the twist in this sigh worthy love story. While reading, I had two working theories, one of which turned out to be true. I got slightly annoyed with Veronica when she broke up with Dimitri because her life got too overwhelming, and had to remind myself that they were high schoolers, but in the end, she redeemed herself and I forgave her for her serious lack of judgement. 

This book has everything you would want in an epic romance - humor, drama, tragedy, hope, and a happy ending. This is the second book by Kim Holden that I have read, and she has become my new favorite author. This one is definitely worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment