12/01/2016

Review: The Girl on the Train

The Girl on the Train The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was quite an enjoyable suspense thriller. I liked that it switched perspectives because it gave the narrative a puzzle-like feel and kept the plot from being too predictable. I was able to figure out certain elements of the mystery fairly quickly, but it was harder to put all the pieces together than I thought it would be. For example, I knew that Rachel's ex-husband was involved, but I couldn't quite figure out how, and there were certainly other things that acted as distractions from the truth. I didn't see how the ending played out coming at all.

The story is suspenseful and thrilling, there are plenty of twists and surprises, and Hawkins does a good job fitting all the moving pieces together. In the end, I think this book was worth all the hype.

P.S.
I saw the movie and it closely follows the book with minor changes (i.e. the story is set in New York rather than London). Overall, I think it was a pretty good adaptation of the novel. Of course, the book was still better. ;)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment