12/19/2016

Review: Inferno

Inferno Inferno by Dan Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been a fan of this series from the very first novel. Dan Brown has done a remarkable job of sustaining this series and the character of Robert Langdon. I love the mix of art, history, suspense, and mystery that Brown brings to life in these books. I love Robert Langdon. He's the quintessential professor with an intimidating intellect, yet an affable and approachable personality.

Inferno is probably the best yet. I remember studying Dante in college so it was fun to have it serve as the backdrop of this story. This is an action packed book that goes from zero to sixty and doesn't let up on the gas pedal. There were several instances where I thought I had figured part of the mystery out, only to be surprised by an unexpected twist. I think the conflict, which centers around the environment, population control, and sustainability, is timely and thought provoking.

The ending took me completely by surprise because I was anticipating something completely different. This novel is not predictable at all. I loved it from start to finish.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment